The permanent art displays in Willard Library have stories of their own to tell. Click on the pieces below to learn more about them.
Painted by James Henry Moser, the portrait of Henry F. Blount was a gift to the Library from Blount in 1911. Blount had been selected by Willard Carpenter as one of the Library’s original trustees, and may have also been the board’s first president. His tenure on the board ended in 1891, when he moved to Washington, D.C.