Genealogy and Local History
Special Collections New and Highlighted Material
The Genealogy and Local History department of Willard Library looks forward to helping you uncover the past.
Our collection includes:
- Fifty state references; national and international references
- Family histories in book, microform, manuscript, and loose-paper formats
- Vanderburgh County newspapers from 1821 to the present
- Newspapers from selected surrounding counties
- Vanderburgh County records (on microfilm)
- Church records in several formats; Catholic Diocese records (on microfilm)
- Records of local and area cemeteries and funeral homes
- DAR book collection
- Several online databases and three major search engines, Heritage Quest, Genealogy Bank, and Ancestry Library
Correspondence relating to genealogical questions will be answered by the Corresponding Secretary of the Tri-State Genealogical Society.
As a rule, Special Collections materials do not circulate (are not available for check-out) because of the rare and historic nature of the collection. Requests to check out items should be directed to the Special Collections Librarian, who may permit some items to be borrowed.