Primary Source Manuscripts
Willard Library welcomes researchers. We encourage you to register for a Willard Library card. Please sign in on a daily basis, using the registration book, and leave all cases and large bags at the Special Collections desk. Please use only pencils, and do not re-shelve items after use.
The Willard Library Archivist looks forward to serving you. Please contact the Archivist in advance with requests to view materials, as some collections require more time to retrieve.
- More than 30,000 images of Evansville and the surrounding region
- Joan C. Marchand Historic Preservation Collection
- Southwestern Indiana Historical Society Collection
- Albion Fellows Bacon and Annie Fellows Johnston Papers
- Papers pertaining to historical Evansville families (including Cluthe-Eades, Dulles, Eichel, Gumberts, Igleheart, Ingle, Koch, Orr-Clifford, Shane, and Zapp)
- WEOA and WGBF Radio Scripts Collection
- U.S. Weather Bureau local meteorological records
- Architectural drawings and maps
- Evansville business records (miscellaneous, including Faultless Caster, Fendrich, International Steel, Mesker Steel Company, Servel, and Whirlpool)
- Conrad Baker Foundation records
- Organizations’ records
- Local ephemera, including pamphlets, programs, fliers, and catalogs
- Local theater records and photos, including Civic Theater and Repertory People of Evansville
- Carl Ritt Papers
- Vanderburgh Christian Home
- Vanderburgh County Historical Society Collection
Permission to Publish
Want to publish portions of materials, photographs, or manuscripts owned by Willard Library? Permission must first be granted by the library. Please direct “permission to publish” requests to the Archivist or Special Collections Librarian.